Your business wins when you make your marketing messages simple and profound
Storytelling and marketing are the new power couple. There is no better way to connect, engage and get through to your customers.
Stories are an essential part of our day-to-day communication, and as a business owner you have probably been listening to or telling stories in one form or another for as long as you can remember.
But to make a difference to your business, your business stories have to be good. No – they have to be great.
When done well, storytelling will do wonders for your business. It can make your products and services ‘must-haves’ over those of your competition, and they can boost your marketing strategy, generate profit and create loyal customers.
It’s tough to know where to begin the first time you use storytelling as part of your marketing strategy, so it’s best to just jump in and give it a try…
Here is how to make SUCCES work for you:
1. Make your message simple and profound - Will an 8-year-old understand the message? Does it connect with the most important reason why customers should buy from you?
2. Unexpected - Same old, same old, doesn’t work. You rarely listen to the inflight safety check, but if the flight attendant started telling you 20 ways to get rich instead of 20 ways to leave the aircraft, you would be all ears! Is your message different from that of your main competition?
3. Concrete - Make your message concrete, tangible and real. Customers will not respond if you are ambiguous or vague.
4. Credible - Make your message credible, believable and authentic. Use guarantees to reinforce this.
5. Emotional - Emotion is at the heart of most decisions we make, so connect with your customers’ feelings with your powerful marketing story.
6. Story - Use all the winning components of a story – beginning and end, heroes and villains, conflict, success and the journey.
Click here to learn how to make SUCCEStories work for you, and build a stronger marketing message for your business today.